- Our community is 18+, meaning you must be 18 years of age or older. This is to protect us and you. There are no exceptions.
- The use of any cheats, abusive exploits or bugs that give you an unfair advantage or otherwise disrupt gameplay is forbidden.
- The spamming or posting of advertisements, trade offers, invites to other groups, etc, without prior approval is forbidden.
- The sharing of illegal files, tools, or websites withour prior approval is forbidden.
- While our rules on humor / trash talk aren't strict, the use of abusive / dehumanizing language and or harrassment targeted towards a member / group of members and or people is forbidden. ( E.G. you can joke around, but don't be a shit )
- Light roleplaying / light sexual talk / joking is acceptable, but keep it minimal, it's not everyone's thing.
- Behavior that is overly aggressive, unreasonable, melodramatic, or otherwise disruptive is not tolerated.
- Ban evasion is always caught, and will have time added to existing punishments.
- Spawn-camping is negated by spawn protection as well as alternate exits in most maps, it is not against the rules.
- If your micspam is loud, repetitive, offensive, or refuse to stop when asked, we will probably mute you.
- Sprays containing content that is illegal under U.S. law such is CP, Beastiality, Guro, Rape, and so on are forebidden. In addition, IRL pornographic sprays are also forbidden.
- The act of being "friendly" when the server is full or you're throwing your team down a player when it is already down one disrupts gameplay and is forbidden.
- Chats are public, when you're bringing up a topic, you're inviting everyone to participate. Please keep that in mind when discussing topics that are heavily contentious, prone to arguments, or may reasonably make others uncomfortable. I understand this seems vague, but cases where we need to intervene almost never happen, so don't worry about this.
- Our sharing rooms ask that you only post content that was made by you or for you, this is so that we can help highlight things from those in the community and helps keep the rooms from becoming an advertising board for folks aren't actually interested in the community.
- Mind the channel you're in, keep discussion relevant. Off topic stuff can go in #general and #funposting_general
- NSFW links are only allowed in NSFW marked channels. Should also be tagged as such!
- Distribution of links / tools relating to piracy, cheating, hacking, warez and illegal topics are forbidden.
Because SCG as a community is supported over various services, we make an attempt to unify bans as much as possible. For example, a ban for attacking our Discord will also lead to a ban from our Source Servers if there is a verifiable steam account attached. Effectively, if we place a ban on someone and we are aware of other accounts they may have, we'll ban those too.
While this can happen literally anywhere, our community is an easy target for trolls. Because of this, a lot of bans you may see are permanent, most of our permanent bans are given when people join our servers for the first time and toss out a slur immediately, or make it super obvious they were only here to cause trouble.
Permanent bans are also given out to people who're underage, it's just easier this way. Regardless, any ban, permanent or not, can be overturned with a proper honest apology. In the case of people who're underage, they are welcome should they return when they are of age.